What to Bring to a Maternity Session
Kim Whipps Photography
You’ve booked your photographer to document that beautiful baby bump, but now it’s time to plan. What do you bring to a maternity session? Props? How many outfits?
Maternity photography is my absolute favorite. There’s something about meeting an expectant mother for the first time that evokes all the feels for me. That anticipation. The excitement. I was able to experience it five times, and I am forever grateful for every last minute, even during my last scary pregnancy. There’s just something that can’t quite compare.
Ok so back to you. You’ve booked your session, but what’s next. For one, if you book with me you’ll get a special code to use an interactive style guide to help style your session. Plus, feel free to spam me with all your ideas – I love to help!
What to bring to an Outdoor Maternity Session
- Easy to kick off shoes – unless you are dying to have your shoes photographed, bare feet work great. Wear something that can easily be kicked off and are comfortable.
- Water – It gets hot during spring and summer and it’s good to stay hydrated, I’m sure your Dr tells you that all day long.
- Additional outfits – I love variety with maternity sessions since there are only so many poses you can do. We get variety with outfits and this is also great because I know you have second guessed what you want to wear a million times over, right?
- Ultrasound photo – those can be fun to incorporate
- Wedding rings and any jewelry you want to include
If you’re an expecting mom or have welcomed a new baby and you are looking for a Central Maryland maternity session, I would love to talk with you! To see more of my maternity & newborn portfolio please click here and feel free to reach out and ask any question you can think of.